Monday, December 3, 2007

7 odd things about me

1. I can't handle when a broom sweeps across carpet. All our remodeling that we have done made me aware of this quirk. It makes me cringe.
2. Like my sister it also makes my teeth itch when I lick popsicle sticks or see someone doing it.
3. I love the sound of high heels on pavement. I remember as a child following behind women and being mesmerized by that sound. It is very soothing to me. Maybe it is similar to the clicking of horses hooves.
4. I have recently acquired a dislike for chewing gum. I am suddenly grossed out by the texture and the thought of chewing something over and over again for that long.
5. I get nervous with people in costume in public places. I remember Universal Studios being quite traumatic as a child. Frankestein walked by me in the ice cream line and I freaked out and don't think I ever got my ice cream. Disneyland is even a little scary where all the characters congregate for photos. Rhea and I took our photo with Goofy only a few years ago and that was a big step. I remember clearly being quite nervous.
6. During my work as a wildlife rehabilitator I developed a liking for that faint skunk smell we all notice when a skunk is near. When most people say yuck they smell a skunk, I think oh yes I smell a skunk and I enjoy the smell. Don't get me wrong when it sprays right in front of me it isn't quite as enjoyable.
7. Whenever I go into the Bath and Body store I think of the scene in Silence of the Lambs where the guy is asking the girl (in the pit) to put the lotion in the basket. I always feel like I am being "attacked" in that store with the employees wanting you to smell, sample, and put things in a basket... Now everytime I go into one of the stores I hear the guys creepy voice telling me to put the lotion in the basket.

2 comments:

Rhea said...

Thank you! You're awesome...a few of those insights were news to me....very enlightening!

Tell Joel, he's next!

ma otter said...

...what rhea said!...and i love the pictures on your blog too!
annie